The following types of changes should be reported to us with each payroll:

  • Employee name (when incorrect, married or divorced)
  • Employee address
  • Social Security Number
  • Rate of pay, etc.
  • Change in marital status

Please don’t change an employee’s last name until they have registered the new name with the Social Security Administration. Your company can get fined $50 or more per incident by the IRS for a name that doesn’t match the Social Security number.

Near the end of each year, you will receive a report listing employees and independent contractors that received checks during the current year. You will be asked to review this information and report any changes as necessary for the accurate generation of W-2s and 1099s in the following January. If there were independent contractors who received a check but have not been reported through our payroll system, please add their names, Social Security or EIN#, address and amount received to the report so a 1099 (if we produce the 1099s) can be issued for that individual.

Client Payroll Processing Services Guide: Index

The Payroll Factory®
Payroll processing for small business owners. Focus on what you do best and leave the rest to us.
  • 18 E Lancaster Ave, Malvern, PA 19355
  • 610-644-4569

Follow Us